Thursday, April 15, 2010

LOFT STAFF SPOTLIGHT - Alyson












Name:
Alyson

LOFT Staff position:
Floor staff

I have worked at THE LOFT since:
July 2008

I grew up in:
I’m a Tucson native.

My birthday/age is:
25

When I am not at THE LOFT:
I like to bike, jog, swim, hike, and go for walks in interesting neighborhoods. I also collect vintage magazines and make decorations with pictures from them. I have this rather large collection of cookbooks from the ‘50s-‘70s full of hilarious pictures of bizarre space-age food that I secretly kind of want to make. I also spend a lot of time taking my cat, Hazel, for walks around the neighborhood on her leash.

I work at THE LOFT because:
Because I love the Loft, of course! I have always had a passion for history, and the Loft is a living piece of it, and in my 20s I’ve developed a passion for film as well, which the Loft has always been there to nurture. It’s like an amazing library where you can nourish your mind and drink beer at the same time.

A few of my favorite films are:
Fargo, Dr. No, North By Northwest, Rosemary’s Baby, The Philadelphia Story, Election, Darling, A Hard Day’s Night, Closely Watched Trains, If…., Playtime, Wayne’s World, Taxi Driver, Blow-Up, Wild Strawberries, Lolita, I Shot Andy Warhol, An Education, Knife in the Water, The 400 Blows, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Knack…And How to Get It, and more where that came from.

My favorite directors are:
Ingmar Bergman, Frank Capra, Lindsay Anderson, Tony Richardson, Richard Lester, Mary Harron, Jirí Menzel, Stanley Kubrick, Roman Polanski, Sofia Coppola, and of course the Coen brothers.

My favorite LOFT experience was:
As a customer, I’ll never forget coming to the Persona/Blow-Up double feature in 2007. It was a delightful afternoon with two amazing films, and the first time I had had the pleasure of hearing one of Jeff’s intros.

My favorite thing about the Loft is:
My co-workers, the yellow curtains in the main theater, serving beer, and showing really important, great and/or rare films, like the Andy Warhol month we just did or His Girl Friday coming up. And the sheer size of the screen in the main theater will never fail to impress me — I’m still a little awestruck whenever I go in there for the first time during a shift.

Make up your own question here:
What’s that you say? Is Carey Mulligan the next Audrey Hepburn? No. No she is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment