Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LOFT STAFF SPOTLIGHT - Dave

Name: Dave Paiz

LOFT Staff position: Facilities Manager

I have worked at THE LOFT since: After holding down gigs in everything from soldiering to college reporting and archaeological field work, I finally landed here in October 2006.

I grew up in: I'm an honorably discharged veteran of the Cochise County Psychic Wars - Sierra Vista (1977-1987).

My birthday is: Halloween - 1966.

When I am not at THE LOFT I: I'm out in the wash with my dogs, wasting time on the Interwebs, hosting Bat Country Radio from 2-4 a.m. Saturdays on 91.3 FM KXCI, watching D-Backs baseball, VJ'ing for the Mission Creeps, planning the 2010 All Souls International Film Festival.

I work at THE LOFT because: I'm too beat up for circus work, I'm one of the biggest movie geeks I know, and because I'm unflinchingly passionate about our mission and our role within the community.

A few of my favorite films are: Blade Runner, Synecdoche N.Y., Lost Highway, Jaws, Fandango, Dead Man, Nightbreed

My favorite directors are: David Lynch, The Coen Brothers, Stanley Kubrick, David Cronenberg, Guillermo del Toro

My favorite LOFT experience was: Meeting Catherine Coulson a few weeks after I started working here...either that, or having a beer and talking baseball with Gordy Hoffman at The Red Garter prior to one of his film premieres.

My favorite thing about the Loft is: Hands down - the people - our customers and our staff.
Make up your own question here: If you could be a dog, what kind of dog would you be? Probably a wolf hybrid.

To get in touch with me send me an email at: batradio1@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment