Tuesday, June 15, 2010

LOFT STAFF SPOTLIGHT - Anthony


Name: Anthony Cutrone A.K.A Twan

LOFT Staff position: The popper of popcorn, the seller of tickets, the cleaner of theatres and the giver of love.

I have worked at THE LOFT since: 2008, after the summer of touring the west coast and being unemployed. Thank the stars for the LOFT!

I grew up in:  A house, but I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona.

My birthday/age is: 02-02-1987, Groundhogs Day. 9lbs and beautiful. Thanks Mom and Dad! 

When I am not at THE LOFT I: Collect records, taste beers, chill with my cat Ripley A.K.A. Ripples, read (lame), watch movies, sleep, attend school, make films, dream of once again making music, roller blade, but usually I’m at THE LOFT. If I’m not working, I’m watching movies on the big screen.

I work at THE LOFT because: I am addicted to movies. It’s a serious condition, which there is no cure. It’s the best job and I work with the best people. It’s the best place in Tucson.

A few of my favorite films are: Jaws, The Thing (1981), Body Double, 400 Blows, Millers Crossing, The Conversation, Magnolia, Breathless, Mean Streets, Rififi, Memories of Murder, Hidden Fortress, Manhunter, Robocop, Taxi Driver, Eyes Wide Shut, Once Upon A Time in The West, Alien and Aliens, Terminator and T2, Thin Blue Line, Rear Window, Teen Wolf, Close Encounters, Star Wars Trilogy, Big Trouble in Little China, Let The Right One In, Blade Runner, Midnight Cowboy, Blue Velvet, City Lights, Z, Commando, Fright Night, The Brood, Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

My favorite directors are: Kubrick, Carpenter, Kurosawa, De Palma, Godard, Scorsese, Morris, Herzog, Coen Brothers, P.T. Anderson, Coppola, Bong Joon Ho, Cronenberg, Jean Pierre Melville, Mann, Tarantino, Polanski, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Paul Verhoven, William Friedkin, Sergio Leone, James Cameron, Lucio Fulci, Lynch.

My favorite LOFT experience was: Watching Fright Night at 3:00 A.M. during Scream O’Rama and when Mark Ibold, the bass player for Pavement and Sonic Youth came in to watch The Messenger.

My favorite thing about the Loft is: It’s a non-profit, the Beer, the staff, the movies, the regulars, the secret portal in the up stairs theatre and the feeling of being a part of something magical.

Make up your own question here:  If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?

To get in touch with me send me an email: whatawampeteris9@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment